Friday, December 19, 2008

Its Winter Baby

Well its official. Winter has hit. Over the last week we had snow and chilly temperatures. We got about 8 inches of snow, which we love (especially because it only lasts a few weeks here). The snow makes everything look so peaceful and beautiful. Mylo even got to start Christmas break a couple days early. Yay for snow days! Too bad he will be making up those missed days in June.


One of the downsides to having a baby in the fall/winter is that you get quarantined indoors when there is bad weather (the upside being that you can where bulky clothes to hide your postpartum body). Since the temperatures have been well below freezing over the last week, Oliver and I have been stuck indoors most of the time. I am starting to get a little stir crazy without my daily walks, but Oliver has been keeping me entertained with his constant smiling.





All that smiling is positively exhausting...last night I put Oliver on the changing table while I straightened up his room. I turned around and this is what I saw...

Oliver has also started making a lot more facial expressions (some of which are hilarious). Here a few...




Oliver has been practicing his grasping skills. He especially likes to grab my hair and necklaces and occasionally a toy or burp cloth.

Oliver is now chubby enough that he fits in his cloth diapers, so we have started using a combination of Bum Genius cloth diapers and "G" hybrid diapers with a cloth outer and disposable biodegradable absorbent core (no plastic gets thrown away). We use the "G" diapers primarily when we are out an about and we use the Bum Genius when we are at home and at night. The Bum Genius are an awesome diaper and they are so easy to use and wash (I do a load every two days or so). We really like using cloth and feel so much better that we aren't filling up a landfill with nasty disposable diapers.
Oliver modeling the Bum Genius cloth diaper

Oliver sporting the "G" diaper

1 comments:

Erika said...

what up g?:) he is quite the fashionable model. i wonder if we will get a walk in soon with all this snow?

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio