We started off Saturday by doing the Running of the Green race. Me and Ollie ran the 5 mile and my mom ran the 2 mile. I finished in 41 minutes {with the jogging stroller}, so I was pretty happy. Then we had lunch at Best Chopsticks {shady looking Chinese restaurant downtown with delicious food and cheap lunch specials}. Needless to say it was delicious. Then we walked over to Cornwall Avenue to watch the end of the Saint Patrick's Parade, which was not all that entertaining for the adults, but Oliver enjoyed watching all the crazy bikers and the big horses.
After the parade wrapped up, we walked over to Tiger Toys and picked up bus just like Jack. Oliver has a new book called First 100 Machines. It literally has 100 pictures of all kinds of machines: trucks; trains; tractors; race cars; buses; garbage trucks; etc. Oliver's two favorites are the school bus and garbage truck, so when he saw the bus at Tiger Toys, he just had to have it and apparently I am a total pushover.
My mom watched Oliver that evening so me and Mylo went to go see Avatar {finally}. It was no longer in 3D, which was okay with me. We went for the full cinema experience. We got popcorn, big sodas, and I even got a hot dog. Yes, that's right. I purchased and consumed a movie theater hot dog and I loved it every inch of it. I also loved Avatar.
On Sunday, we kicked off the hiking challenge and had lunch at Dairy Queen. Grandma left to drive home. Me and Mylo took advantage of Oliver's unusually long nap with some serious work in the yard. Mylo constructed three of my four raised beds and prepped them with the dirt we had delivered this weekend. I got all my seeds started inside and planted my first seeds outside: carrots; bok choy; spinach; lettucs; and radishes. I still need to plant my peas outside. I am so excited for spring.


2 comments:
I love the sign! That's the teacher in Mylo :)
I can't wait to have our garden going again either! I keep seeing recipes with zucchini and thinking, "I'm going to need this in a few months."
Glad you had fun with your mom. Three more months until mine is back in our neck of the woods, and I'm looking forward to it too. Moms are great.
Post a Comment