Monday, September 27, 2010

Self pity and a heartfelt "sorry" this sucks...

I am twelve weeks along tomorrow and still feeling pretty puke-tastic most of the time. Only a couple weeks away from the second trimester and hopefully a reprieve from the nausea. On top of all of the being tired and barfing due to pregnancy, Ollie decided to pass on his nasty cold/cough. As if I didn't already feel crappy enough. So now I have a super sore throat and my head feels clogged and stuffed up. And, I can't even take any meds to make myself feel better, not that I could keep them down anyway.

So I am pretty much just laying around, feeling sorry for myself and Mylo is picking up all the slack around here. He really is the best, best, best dude ever. From getting me late night snacks, taking out the trash, Blizzard runs, changing and dealing with poopy diapers, rubbing my feet nightly, he does it all. I routinely blame him for "doing this" to me as I have my head in the toilet. I know perfectly well that we "did this" and made the decision to do so together, but I am not the most logical being whilst hurling into a toilet and simultaneously peeing my pants. Too much information? Oh, well. It is true - the "morning sickness" puking is such a strong urge (your tummy muscles/guts just take over), that, yes, sometimes I end up peeing my pants - which by the way, is totally demoralizing. It has resulted in tears a few times. It happened when I was pregnant with Ollie too, so it isn't just my post-baby bladder, although I am sure it doesn't help.

So Mylo, I am truly sorry that I am always tired, barfy, peeing my pants and crying about it, needing snacks, having cravings, complaining about "looking fat," and pretty much not doing anything around the house. I know this sucks and you are a major trooper. But, you "DID THIS" to me and you probably brought home these cold germs from your ratscallion students, that now have infected me. Only a few weeks of this torture remain (hopefully). Love ya.

P.S. If I ever bring up wanting a third child, please refer me to this post A.S.A.P.

3 comments:

Liliana said...

Let's hear it for the men in our lives! (except the little men; at this point they just cause a lot of trouble. But maybe someday they will take care of us.)

celina said...

Ha ha! So true. And now I want a Blizzard like crazy!!! I'll send Josh for one later :)

Heather Alvis said...

Sorry to hear you're sick on top of everything else - what a pain. Way to go Mylo though in picking up the slack. Reading your post makes me think again about a second...ugh.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio