- While at the grocery store (in a moment of impatience), I told Oliver to "knock it off," when he repeatedly, at an ear piercing level, screeched at the top of his lungs. The next day at the dinner table he kept screeching and then sternly telling himself to "knock it off."
- This morning, when I refused to let Oliver out of the cart so he could "walk, walk, walk," he smiled at me at said, "Mama beastie."
- Oliver started referring to himself as "Mr. Ollie Bear" and referring to me as "Mister Mama."
- When I told Oliver it was naptime, he proceeded to tell me, "No mama, train time."
- Mylo often tells Ollie to "take it easy" if he is being too crazy or hyper. Well, we were having a family dance session in the kitchen and Ollie was spinning in circles and telling himself, "Easy Ollie, easy."
Post Script Edit - Tonight Ollie told us that his penguin was "jimmying around," which is Mylo-speak for messing around.
What a crack up. Talking is so much fun!


4 comments:
Ha ha ha!!! I love the things he says! What a crack up. Sounds like he's fighting evil demons in his head.
The grocery store is becoming more and more of a danger zone. Two out of two most recent trips to Freddy's resulted in a screaming fit (first time because I am trying to break the purchasing of a car EVERY time we go; and the second time because he decided that he wanted Thomas stickers, not Sesame Street stickers after we had already paid. Ahh!!)
hee hee, mama beastie.
Oh man, those are good! I need to start writing down more quotes by Ruby. My hairdresser told me she keeps a recipe box with kid quotes written on the cards in it so she can just pull one out whenever she needs a laugh.
Ha ha! I love the beastie comment because that totally sounds like something you would say!! What a cute kid!
Post a Comment