Monday, February 14, 2011

Tid Bits

Here are a few tid-bits for your reading pleasure...

  • Ollie has been hilarious lately! He is saying the funniest things. The other night as he ate his left over pancake (it was seriously sitting on the counter since breakfast) smeared with peanut butter for dinner he told Mylo, "This is amazing Daddy!" He also asks us "why" constantly and then when we explain something to his satisfaction he says, "Exactly mama, exactly." He has also mastered an awesome fake belly laugh.
  • I am starting to feel like a whale with my big belly and I still have about 2 months left. Yikes. This is going to get real awkward and clumsy. I feel like there is physically and mentally no way I can wait until April 14th for this kid to arrive.
  • Ollie needs a haircut in a major way. He has "Justin Bieber" hair up front and a stringy mullet in the back. We are going to get his first "real" haircut (a la salon) this weekend. Pictures to follow...
  • I have come to the conclusion that my choice to purchase animal print underwear a few months ago when I upgraded sizes for pregnancy growth, was maybe not the best choice. As my rear gets wider, the animal print just keeps stretching to new ungainly proportions. Poor zebra print, it didn't know what it was in for.
  • Ollie goes to mama and me gymnastics once a week. His teacher is a young, attractive, blonde gal. Ollie totally has a crush on her - Teacher Kelsey is the apple of his eye. He follows her around the gym like a little puppy. The owner was gushing about Ollie and how sweet and happy he his and let it slip that he is one of Kelsey's favorites - it just made me smile! It really is the best feeling to have someone say positive things about your kiddo.
  • I had an appointment with my mid-wife today. Everything looks great with the baby. He is head down and pretty low in my pelvis already, which is common with a second pregnancy. Maybe he will be a little earlier than his due date - here's to hoping. I also got all my pre-birth paperwork and handouts, like what to pack for the birth. It was a little bit of a reality check - we are in the final stretch now!
  • Ollie often takes showers with Mylo and I in lieu of taking a bath on his own. It makes for some hilarious commentary on anatomy. Tonight he propped his leg up on the edge of the tub and started running his hand up and down his leg. When I asked him what he was doing, he looked and me and matter of factly said, "Shaving my legs mama." I don't know how long it has been since I shaved my legs with him in the shower, but it hasn't been recently. Observant little bugger.
  • Mylo recently had an annual doctor check-up (he hasn't had one for years, so I actually scheduled it for him - now I am that wife). He has genetically high blood pressure (which we already knew), so we have been a new lower sodium diet kick around here, per the the doctor's instructions. The goal is to lower his blood pressure through diet and exercise instead of drugs, which have all kinds of nasty side-effects. Mylo got three low-sodium cookbooks for Valentine's Day (he was actually quite excited about them) and we are excited to try some new recipes. It is quite interesting to learn what foods have high sodium - bread, cheese, processed foods, canned and frozen veggies (weird, huh?).

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio