Friday, March 18, 2011

37 Weeks {Well Almost}


Do you like my completely unamused face (above) and fake smile (below)?

I am in between 36 and 37 weeks. Only a little over 3 weeks to go to until the due date (April 14th). Speaking of the due date, at my last appointment with my midwife, she was comparing my ultrasound from Ollie with this peanut. Ollie's ultrasound estimated my due date as November 6th, which was 1 week later than his original due date of October 31st based on my calculations. Ollie was ultimately born 1 week earlier than his October 31st due date and two weeks earlier than the ultrasound due date. This peanut's ultrasound due date is April 8th, but the due date we have been going off of is April 14th, again based on my calculations. So if this pregnancy is anything like the last one (which it very well may not be), I could go into labor anytime after next week (if not next week).

That realization sent me into a bit of a panic mode. I still have some major projects to wrap up at work that I really need to finish before I go on maternity leave (scheduled to start April 1st). Needless to say, I have been feeling a little stressed out, which is not helping my sleep in the slightest. I have been routinely waking up between 3 and 4 am because I am uncomfortable or have to pee and then my brain starts running about all the things I need/want to get done at home and work before this kiddo arrives.

This sums up how I am feeling at 36 going on 37 weeks....
  1. Exhausted
  2. Huge
  3. Uncomfortable
  4. Swollen (fingers and ankles)
  5. Veiny (I have developed some spider and varicose veins behind my knee, so now I have a compression sock to help with that - highly sexy, let me tell you)
  6. Overwhelmed
Essentially, I am so ready to be done with this pregnancy, but at the same time I don't feel prepared to have this little peanut. All the essential stuff is done as far as getting all the baby gear ready, but I feel like our house is a disaster. I have been fighting some major nesting urges all week, but I was just too busy with work to be able to focus on nesting. Bring on this weekend - it is going to be a whirlwind of organizing, cleaning, baby prep, at least a half day at the office and to top it all off, a date night, complete with a movie and dinner at Nimbus.

Of course, I will get everything all done and then this peanut will be 2 weeks late. Go figure.

3 comments:

celina said...

Gah! The insomnia! It just adds insult to injury when you know you're going to be sleep deprived once the baby is actually born too. You are getting sooooo close to the end though. I can't believe it's just a few more weeks…give or take :)

Erika said...

Come on lil' bambino....can't wait for you to make your appearance and hopefully let your momma get some much needed sleep :) You look amazing and can't wait to meet him.

April said...

Cannon came a week early which happened to be the night that the young women in our ward volunteered to come clean my house for me. I knew I was in the early stages of labor and was about to cancel on them, but I really wanted them to come and work for me. I ended up going to the hospital about 2 hours after they left, but it was a great feeling to come home from the hospital to a spotless house. Of course it hasn't been that way since. Anyway, gather up a few friends to help you with your nesting and then stay somewhere else until the baby comes! Good luck these next couple of weeks!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio