
This is my motto for 2012. I might even have to order a print. With two kiddos, working 30 hours a week, a husband, a house (and yard), chickens, and a cat, I feel pretty overwhelmed most of the time. I have meager patience on a good day, so add in a bit a stress and a whiny three year old and I pretty much lose my cool. Repeatedly. Thus making "Keep Calm and Carry On" my new motto.
In order to embody my motto and all it entails, I will be making a concerted effort to be less snippy, to not raise my voice (as much), to swear less (at least in earshot of the mini people), and lastly, focus on what I have accomplished, not the forever long to-do list that can bog me down from time to time.
I will make every effort to use my "calm and caring" voice (as I often tell Ollie - gee I wonder where he gets it from) and keep my temper in check - even if it takes every fiber of my being, which it will seeing as I have a three year old and a sassy one at that. You hear that temper, you have been officially checked.
Also on the non-resolution goal list? Exercise more (I got a kettle ball for Christmas - woot!), eat more veggies, eat less meat (2-3 vegetarian dinners a week), order prints and actually frame them, run a 1/2 marathon, run a full marathon, and buy a mini-van. Yeah, that's right. Come Summer/Fall 2012, I will be rocking a mom-mobile.


2 comments:
Great motto! I think I should follow that one too... although it's been a bit better around here lately but I am sure something new is around the corner! Keep on mama!
I have this hanging in my classroom! I LOVE it :) I also have a bamboo tile necklace that says "Keep CALM and ROCK on!" Calm is good for 2012...and it sounds like the perfect motto for you looking at your list; glad to know I am not the only one with a sassy three year old! ~Celina
Post a Comment