Finals are done! Only one more semester of law school left! I am so excited! Every time I finish up with finals I have a little freak out because I now have so much time on my hands. I don't really know what to do with myself with all that, what do you call it? Oh yeah, free time! During the semester I am going non-stop. This semester I didn't have enough time to clean, cook, or exercise. Which as you can imagine, puts me in quite a foul mood. Good thing Mylo is a total clean freak and actually likes to cook. Bonus! So how do I fill my seemingly endless days of free time? I go into a flurry of doing all the things I have put off for the last 15 weeks. I don't relax and take a breather. I go into over time. I will admit that I have slept in a bit, but for me sleeping in is waking up at 8:00 a.m.
My flurry of activity started with a little bit of shopping as my personal reward for completing the semester. This has become some what of a ritual after finals are over. I mostly wander around the shops mindlessly looking at everything and then I allow myself a couple of fun, little purchases.

Then I finished up wrapping Christmas presents and went to the post office to ship a few things. The post office was crazy by the way! I was in line for a 1/2 hour, but I did have a very entertaining kid behind me in line. I doubt her mother thought her antics were very entertaining though.

After all the wrapping, I decided that I needed to pamper myself with a manicure and pedicure. Ahhhhhhh...so good! I love those massaging chairs they have at the salon. Oh so heavenly and totally worth 30 bucks.

Then I went running is the now slushy snow (all 4-6 inches of it, yuck). Which was not nearly as pleasant as the manicure/pedicure. The slush was like running in cement. Getting back on the exercising horse is really not very fun. I can't wait until it feels good again.

After my run I took some time to veg in front of the TV. When I couldn't stand watching any more TLC, Food Network, or HGTV, I packed up my bags for Christmas. We are heading over to Bellingham to visit Mylo's family and then flying to Florida to spend actual Christmas with my Dad, the twins, and my brothers (where I get to meet my new nephew Logan) and then finally back to Yakima to visit my mom before coming back to Spo-compton.

As I was packing I realized that I really needed to clean out and organize my closet. I actually love to go through things, purging, and organizing. It is sick I know. But it makes me happy. So I cleaned out all the crap in my closet that I never wear or shouldn't wear. Hear is a question: why do chino pants looks so bad? I put several pairs of chinos into the garage sale pile because they just look awful on me. I think it is the location of the pockets. They make my butt and thighs look huge. Jeans and slacks don't do that. It is an anomaly and I am officially never buying chinos ever again! I also organized my jewelry and repaired some clothing where buttons had fall off and what not.

All the closet purging made me realize that a lot of my clothes were missing, abducted by the evil laundry bin. So I conquered the Mt. Everest of dirty clothes piles. I even washed the sheets, duvet cover, and pillow cases (even the decorative ones). I was on a roll!

Finally, I engaged in some good old fashioned deep cleaning. I gave the bathroom a serious deep clean. It felt so good. I love a clean bathroom. Now I am off to run some errands. Maybe then I can curl up with a good book and relax....
0 comments:
Post a Comment