This week I am on spring break, which would be really nice but of course I committed myself to work and I have actually been pretty busy. I usually take off for spring break and go on some sort of little trip, but this year I ended up just staying in Spokane. I didn't really have anyone to travel with (Mylo has a different spring break - bummer) and I was trying to save some money. So here I am stuck in Spokane, with a little more free time than usual because I have not yet cracked my books - that will start tomorrow! Ugh! Back to my original thought, with my masses of free time (you should detect sarcasm here) I have actually had a little bit of time to just ponder life. As I am approaching the home stretch of law school, I have been reflecting on my experience and what lies ahead and there is a lot to think about. I feel like I have an enormous amount of stuff to do before I finally get to move back to Bellingham in July, but at the same time it feels like it is all rapidly approaching at lightening speed. Yikes! So rather than get totally overwhelmed, I composed this fun little list. Note: I am the ultimate list maker. I seriously scribble lists on any and all pieces of scrap paper that I lay my hands on. To do lists, grocery lists, homework lists, you name it, I've "listed it." So here is my most recent list masterpiece...
- Finish law school
- Graduate in May
- Take a post-graduation trip
- Apply for Washington State Bar
- Take 6 week bar prep course and study for bar
- Pack up apartment so Mylo can move it back to Bellingham
- Take and pass bar in July
- Move back to Bellingham and unpack
- Take a post-bar trip with Mylo
- Do some serious renovation and redecorating of our house in Bellingham (this item is the subject of many lists)
- Start looking for a job
It is kind of overwhelming how many things we have to do in the next six months. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Soon I will be done with law school and we will be back in Bellingham. That makes it all worthwhile!
1 comments:
Ya, I have a feeling your list is going to progress at the speed of light. That's how life is. It's slow when you want it to be fast, and it flies by when you want it to creep. Ahh, the irony of it all! Good luck with all of your many lists! Seems like these days I only have grocery lists because that's all I have control over! ;)
Post a Comment