Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Neither Here Nor There

I don't have too much to report. I have only 3 weeks left of classes until finals and that is really exciting and a little scary at the same time because I still have a lot of stuff to do before then! The weather is still on the fritz here and it goes from pretty blue skies to snowing in a matter of minutes. We still haven't had a "warm day," by which I mean a day over 50 degrees, but it is supposed to get warm this weekend and I can't wait. I need to start exercising again and some nice weather would really help with my dwindling motivation. It is time to eradicate the flub and firm up again for summer. I have been in serious hibernation this winter.

Mylo had his spring break last week and declared it the "Week of Mylo." He read 3 books, lounged excessively, and watched all three un-cut versions of the Lord of the Rings DVDs. He did take me out to lunch one day, so he gets a few brownie points there. The "Week of Mylo" sadly came to an end and much to his despair, he went back to school this week and starts the WASL testing (standardized test in WA public schools).

I have developed a serious hatred for the water heater in my apartment. Although hate is a strong word and I know some people have a serious aversion to the use of it, I feel that it is appropriately used in this instance and it is an inanimate object, so hate really isn't so bad. My water heater is seriously deficient and ultra-lame. It cannot support more than 15 minutes worth of warm water use and it takes forever to re-heat. Our apartment is brand new, so there really is not justification for the the sub-par performance. I am a hot shower lover (and I mean real hot), so it is really ruining one of my favorite things - a nice long, steamy hot shower. I can't wait to have unfettered use of hot water again. That will be the day!!

On the perky, positive side of things, I only have 3 1/2 weeks of law school left and I never have to go back to school ever again, I have most of May off before starting my bar prep course, it is supposed to be 60 degrees this weekend, I get to purchase a new computer once school is over (my computer has luckily lasted through all three years of law school but it is starting to crap out), I rediscovered my stir-fry cookbook (mmmm good!), Mylo brought home Girl Scout cookies and I am going to a murder-mystery party this weekend. So that about raps up the last couple weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun week ahead. "My water heater is seriously deficient and ultra-lame." Classic! Love it!

You are in the same boat as us with weather. In the last 2 weeks I think it has snowed at least 7 of the 14 days. So annoying, and I'm sick of cloudy skies! I want to go on a summer walk with my kids.

April said...

I want to hear how your murder mystery party went. I remember as a kid my parents used to go to them and even hosted one or two, but I myself have never been to one.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio