1. Bar Exam - The bar exam is finally over. It was not very much fun, but I feel pretty good about it. I don't get the results until October, so at least I don't have to think about it in the mean time. I am just glad to be done for now and hopefully I never have to take it again. Keeping my fingers crossed...
2. Family Reunion - The day the bar exam was over I drove down to the Oregon coast for Mylo's annual reunion, which was a blast. The reunion is held in Neskowin, Oregon. It is a tiny little town and most of Mylo's extended family comes to catch up and hang out for the weekend. The annual festivities include a gorgeous hike, golfing, lots of beach lounging, and a huge potluck dinner with everyone. We had a great time and it was a nice way to unwind and we even had a few sunny days. It is always hit or miss with on the Oregon Coast.
3. 2nd Wedding Anniversary - Our 2nd wedding anniversary was on July 22, the first day of the bar exam, so we celebrated it last week instead. We went out to the Oyster Bar, which is a fabulous restaurant here in Bellingham that is perched on a cliff overlooking the bay and San Juan islands. It is kind of an annual tradition that we go there for our anniversary. The food was delicious and the view was amazing. We had a great time. I can't believe it has already been two years. Mylo is an amazing person and I am so lucky to share my life with him. I can't wait to see him shine as a daddy.
4. Full Blown Renovation - Mylo has been busy painting the interior of our house and the upstairs is now pretty much done. It looks amazing! It is like have a brand new house. I will post some pictures later of the finished project. We also got new carpet and are ordering new blinds/shades for the whole house. I will be happy to see the aluminum macro-blinds go. They are hideous. We are currently living with no window coverings up stairs since they were taken down to paint, so it feels like a bit of a fish bowl. The icing on the cake was the new custom closet system we got for our master closet. It is amazing. I am a bit of an organizational freak and my closet is now a dream come true! Now we just need to paint downstairs and acquire some furniture for the very empty living room.
5. Unpacking Mayhem - I have been slowly going through our many boxes of stuff and putting stuff away (which is a little difficult because we don't really have furniture downstairs yet). I am weeding everything I don't want out so I can get rid of it in what I expect will be a pretty huge garage sale. It is kind of fun to discover all the stuff I forgot about while I was in Spokane for law school. It is like Christmas! I just can't believe how much stuff we have accumulated. It makes me never want to go shopping again (we'll see how long that lasts).
6. Attack of the Deer - Our neighborhood has become overrun with Deer. Our yard is fenced, so they pretty much stay out of yard, but our neighbors fence was missing a few pickets and the deer launched a full scale attack on our yard by coming through the hole in the fence. Keep in mind that these are full sized deer. One afternoon I went outside to find 4 deer in my yard. One of them even went under our deck when we tried to get They have destroyed several of my plants and gave some of my hydrangeas a serious munching. Needless, to say I made Mylo fix the neighbors fence. I am just now willing to offer up my yard as deer food. Sorry bambi.
7. Third Trimester - I am just about 28 weeks along now and I am starting to have a little more fun with the whole being preggers thing. I have a pretty good sized basketball belly going now and it is finally obvious that I am in fact preggers. Everything is going really well. I definitely get tired when I am busy doing stuff all day long, but overall I feel pretty good. Here is are some pictures of the tummy progression (warning...bare belly shots).
So there you have it. Consider yourself updated. I will post more pictures as the decorating and setting up the house commences. I am excited to be free for the rest of the summer. I already started the new Stephanie Meyer's book (just got it yesterday and I am already 300 pages in) and it is pretty darn good so far! Now I just need a lounge chair for my deck...


3 comments:
Good lord woman, you are BUSY!!! I would love to get together for lunch. We can compare bellies :) Yours is much smaller than mine :) I am glad that the bar exam is finished and you can now sit back and relax!!
So were you happy with the way breaking dawn ended? I know it has gotten several bad reviews, but I have to say I found myself just as caught up in it as I was with the first three.
Crazy about the deer!
Ha! It is so crazy to see your pregger stomach, but I have to say that you wear pregnancy very well! It is just too cute to see that little ball so high up. Are you still fitting into regular jeans? It looks like you could be!
Post a Comment