 |
| Post Race Family Shot |
A few months back, Mylo and I signed up for the Vancouver 1/2 Marathon with the intent of keeping our training up and (hopefully) improving on our time from the Bellingham 1/2 Marathon back in September 2011. The training didn't happen so much, but we did improve our time by about 5 minutes, breaking 2 hours with a time of 1:59. We actually felt pretty great, despite the lack of training. It was a brand new course this year and the weather was perfect. The course meandered through downtown Vancouver before making its way through Stanley Park for most of the race.
We had a great time in Vancouver, which is a beautiful city. I often forget how close we live to Vancouver. We need to take advantage of all this city has to offer more often. We are already planning some day trips this summer. We stayed near Yale Town, which is a fun area with lots of little cafes and nice restaurants. My mom came with us to watch the kiddos while we ran and met us at the finish line with the kiddos.
Post race we checked out an awesome park in Yale Town that had a rad playground and awesome faux creek running through it. I love the juxtaposition of the green, lush park and the sky scrapers. I think I could dig city life for a few years. Ollie was loving the city - he kept checking out all the people walking by and telling us how big all the buildings were!
 |
| Ollie "rock climbing" at the park. |
 |
| 2/3 of my fellas. |
 |
| Man, this kid is cute. |
 |
| Henry was loving this slide. He was climbing all the way up the stairs solo and laughing all the way down. |
 |
| Chasing bubbles with his park buddy. |
 |
| Baby restraining device - genius! |
 |
| The rad playground. |
2 comments:
That sounds like a fun race. Is that minimalist shoes you are wearing? I am debating trying them.
Yup, brooks minimalists. I love them. So light and free feeling, but they still have some cushioning and support. Kind of a middle of the road minimalist shoe.
Post a Comment