Definition: 1. marked by firm determination : resolved resolute character;
Synonyms: bent (on or upon), bound, decisive, do-or-die, firm, hell-bent (on or upon), intent, out, purposeful, determined, resolved, set, single-minded
I like making goals. Not just because it is New Year's Day, but because it gives me purpose. Each affirmative step towards a goal makes me feel steady. This year I have five goals in mind that I want to work towards in 2013.
- Be a more present Mother. To me this means being more patient, being more calm and letting the little stuff go in lieu of getting things on my agenda done. I am working full-time, thus I have limited time with my littles. As of late, I have been feeling on edge and cranky during my limited kiddo time. I have a temper. I always have. I want to keep it in check around my kids, particularly focusing on not raising my voice. To achieve this goal, I am going to read Buddism for Mothers and Mama Zen to give me some specific things to work on.
- Run 1000 miles. Running is my meditation. It is what gives me peace and keeps me grounded. I have been seriously slacking on the running since this fall and it is quite literally driving me crazy. I must admit that I stole this goal from someone else on the Nuu-Muu facebook group. I thought it was a fantastic goal, so I decided I would give it a try myself. It breaks down to 19.23 miles a week, which is totally doable with some discipline. I am looking forward to getting my run on.
- Be creative. I will preface this with the fact that I am 100% not a creative individual. I am firmly rooted within the four corners of the proverbial box. That being said, I do love to create things in an attempt to craft/sew. I am going to try to do a craft a month. It doesn't have to be a big craft either - little will do. I have a stockpile of yarn, fabric and other goodies with which to get started with.
- Catch up on photo books. When Ollie was born I had grand intentions of making yearly photo books for my kids. Needless to say, I have only made on thus far: Ollie's first year. I need to catch up in a serious way and 2013 will be the year that I do it, because if I don't it will become an insurmountable task.
- Rein in the food budget and save more. Yes, technically two goals, but they are both budgeting, so, whatevs. We have made leaps and bounds with our budgeting in the past year (thank you YNAB), but there are always areas to improve upon, two of which are our allotted food budget and savings (an area I have never excelled at). We cannot seem to keep our food budget within I feel like are reasonable limitations. Small trips to the grocery store just kill us. As for savings, we just need to set up some automatic deductions and make it happen.


2 comments:
Great goals! I just downloaded my free trial of YNAB and I'm actually a bit giddy about it. Here's to an awesome 2013!!!
I am inspired by these goals! I particularly like the book choices! let me know when you crack it/them!
we have also been using YNAB - awesome tool!
happy new year!
Post a Comment