Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snoring

We have a snoring problem. Mylo has developed a bit of snore. I am currently seated at our computer desk (avoiding homework quite successfully I might add), which is directly adjacent to our bedroom door, where the beast (Mylo) is sleeping. I can clearly hear him snoring. Quite loudly in fact. He doesn't snore all the time, however he does breath quite heavily once he is asleep. His snoring seems to develop from you garden variety heavy sleep breathing until it gets progressively louder, finally climaxing with a particularly violent and loud snore snarl, which nearly, but not quite wakes him (he sleeps like a log, the apocalypse wouldn't wake him) from peaceful slumber. Meanwhile, my slumber is anything but peaceful. It certainly is not pleasant, restful, or enjoyable. The climactic snore snarls jolt me out of my much needed REM faster that you can say "sleep-deprived." I take the term "light sleeper" to a whole new level. I have supernatural noise awareness when I sleep. I have even resorted to custom made earplugs, which muffle, but don't completely block out the climactic snore snarls. I cannot fathom getting the far, far below par sleep I have unfortunately been experiencing for much longer. I am quite temperamental (to put it tactfully) when I have less than suitable zzzz's. Right now separate bedrooms seem like the only plausible solution, well not really I am just tired and cranky and a bit dramatic like usual. But I would give anything to have restful night of sleep uninterrupted by snore snarls.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio