Monday, June 9, 2008

One week down...

...and 6 1/2 weeks to go until the bar. I have literally been spending 8-12 hours a day studying and it is certainly not very much fun. But it isn't really hard either, just time consuming. I am becoming a master lunch and snack packer. The library is my new home, which is funny because I really spent very little time studying here when I was actually in law school, but I just get in the zone. I tell myself that I am staying at school until 5 or 6 or 8 pm and I just get all my work done so I can enjoy what little evening I have left at home. Not so terrible. Plus they got these new padded chairs on the second floor of the library that are so amazing if you have to sit for a long period of time. Bonus!

With all this stuyding, I have been having a hard time fitting in time to work out and I have been feeling a little squishy these days (some of it is attributable to babyness and some not so much), so now I am going for a run (more like jog these days) in the mornings before I go to class and that is working out fantastically. It gives me a lot of enery in the morning. I am also taking two yoga classes, one of which is a prenatal class. I really like the yoga and it really is a pretty amazing workout.

I wore my first full on prenatal shirt today. That was a little weird. I still don't really look preggers (I will post some pictures later this week), but I just don't feel all too comfortable in tight clothes because I am in the awkward stage of being too big for my regular jeans (resulting in the not so attrative "muffin top" as I attempt to squeeze myself in) and too small for maternity pants (resulting in looking baggy and frumpy). I also haven't really told people at school (except my close buds). I mean what am I supposed to do? Make an announcement. I am sure people are just wondering, "Is Bethany packing on the pounds or what?" Maybe I should just "leak" the information to some loud mouth person and then it will quickly disseminate. I might have to revisit that idea if I get a few more not so inconspicous stares from people trying to assess whether I am just fat or preggers.

I am getting so excited for Thursday, aka find out what this baby is day (hopefully he/she cooperates and isn't too modest to show us the goods). I am working really hard all week on my homework and studying so I can take the afternoon off after the doctor appointment and do a little fun shopping. Well, back to the books.

1 comments:

April said...

The in between clothes stages of pregnancy is the worst. I can't wait to hear what you guys are having. I just assume it will be a boy but that's because that is what I have and all I know.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio