Thursday, November 13, 2008

3 Weeks

Oliver is 3 weeks old today. I can't believe that he is almost 1 month old already. This week we ventured out of the house a little more. We successfully went to the grocery store and costco. I had no idea how many people stop and talk to you when you have a baby with you. There is a lot of oooing and awwing, asking how old he is, etc. So shopping with Ollie in tow takes a bit longer. At least none of my fellow shoppers has tried to touch him yet. I think I might freak out a bit when a germy stranger reaches in to touch my pristine little angel.

Oliver and I also ventured out, just the two of us. We went to a La Leche League meeting where Mylo's aunt is a leader. La Leche League is a non-profit organization that provides support and education for mothers who want to breastfeed. The meeting I attended was very informative and it was a great opportunity to meet other moms. We left the house about 15 minutes later than I had planned, but Oliver was so good in the car and slept through the entire meeting. I think I will tempt fate tomorrow and run a few errands with him all by my lonesome. We'll see how it goes...

Oliver is starting to get used to the car seat and the car. He usually falls asleep after about 10 minutes in the car. He also seems to like going on walks in the stroller. I guess anything sort of motion is a good thing for this kid. I feel like I am always walking, holding, bouncing, or swaying with Ollie to soothe him. I had him in the sling yesterday and I decided to try to vacuum since my carpet had not be vacuumed since Ollie was born (kind of gross, I know). After a few minutes of vacuuming he was out cold. Who knew that the vacuum could be so soothing.

Mylo and I are adjusting to infant induced sleep deprivation. Oliver sleeps any where from 2 to 4 hours at a time during the night and I am usually up 2-3 times during the night. He tends to be pretty cranky and fussy in the evening before we go to bed, which coincidentally is the time of day that Mylo and I are the most exhausted. That makes for some fun times when Oliver, who is clearly exhausted refuses to go to sleep. We are working on creating a night-time routine for him to try to get him to go to sleep without so much fussiness.

Here are the pictures from the week. I tortured Oliver for a bit today to take pictures of him in a newborn outfit that he has not worn yet and is rapidly outgrowing...
The outfit that spurred the photoshoot that ended in tears (see below).
Oliver is giving me a fleeting little grin.
Tennis shoe socks.


And the crying begins...


Adorable little teddy bear slippers on his skinny little legs. Actually his thighs are
a little pudgy, but his calves are pretty scrawny.

Oliver decided to show off his spitting up skills right as I took the picture.


I love his little hands.




Oliver chilling in the vibrating "baby papasan" chair, which he really likes.


A shot of Oliver's hair, which seems to be getting lighter than it was when he was born.

And finally, the infamous pouty lip.

1 comments:

Erika said...

he is just so perfect! i love the pouty lip! welcome to the "i can fall asleep in 5 seconds flat with motion club, Ollie." i am the president! :) lets venture together for a walk next week. call me

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio