Thursday, April 2, 2009

25 Random Things

Heidi tagged me to post 25 random things about myself, so I thought I would indulge the 39.9 weeks preggers lady. So here you go Heidi!

1. Since I had Oliver I have been obsessed with peanut butter. I eat some sort of peanut butter combination every single day. Peanut butter and Ritz crackers, peanut butter toast, peanut butter cookies, peanut butter and chocolate. I need to get my "habit" in check.

2. I am a really light sleeper, especially when I am falling asleep. I focus on any slight little sound. Unfortunately, Mylo is a heavy breather when he sleeps. It causes problems from time to time.

3. Chicken makes me gag. I hate plain chicken. I just can't eat more than a few bites. I guess that is why I was a vegetarian for a year.

4. I am running the Nike Women's Marathon in San Fransisco on October 18th, 2009. It is a lottery and I got in, so I am so excited. Instead of a finisher medal you get a Tiffany necklace. Not too shabby.

5. In the winter I sleep in long sleeves, pants, and often socks. I am always cold.

6. I hate wearing shorts. It isn't even because I don't like my legs. I like my legs just fine. I just hate shorts. I prefer Capri pants. I even prefer to wear skirts when I exercise over shorts.

7. I am deathly afraid of bears. Don't ask me why. I am just plain terrified of them. I think it was that movie, The Edge, where Anthony Hopkins battles this killer Kodiak bear in the middle of the Alaska wilderness. Gives me the chills just thinking about it.

8. I eat graham crackers with butter. It sounds gross, but it is actually really yummy. I used to do it when I was a kid and I guess it just stuck. I have even converted Mylo to my disgusting ways.

9. I haven't had my hair cut in 7 months. It is out of control and disgusting. Completely devoid of any style what so ever. I have an appointment for a hair cut and color in 2 weeks. I can't wait. Now I just have to decide what I am going to do with it.

10. I love to garden. My kitchen is full of vegetable starts that I started from seeds. I can't wait to get my garden beds planted next week. Now if it would only get a little more spring like.

11. I am a chronic furniture re-arranger. I love to change the look of my house by re-arranging a room. It can be as little as re-doing my mantle, but it makes me happy. Plus it squelches my urge to buy new house decor.

12. I love to organize. All our gear and storage is organized in the garage in Rubbermaid containers that are all conveniently labeled. Yes, I own a labeler and I love it.

13. I like to take really long, hot showers. I have been trying to cut back and be a little more green with my water consumption.

14. I hate folding laundry. I will throw it in the washer/dryer all day long, I just don't want to fold it.

15. Daffodils are my favorite flower. I have mini-daffodils in my yard that just bloomed. They are just so springy.

16. I really want an English bulldog. I will name her Isabel.

17. I like to drive smaller cars. I hate driving our Toyota Highlander. It feels like a boat to me.

18. I don't eat bread crust or pizza crust or any type of crust really. It is gross. Except homemade pot-pie crust, which is just plain delicious.

19. I have been to four of the seven continents. Can you guess which ones?

20. I am a serious multi-tasker. I used to be really good at it until I had a baby. Now it is a tad bit harder.

21. I really enjoy trying new recipes. I especially love Cooking Light magazine and my America's test kitchen cookbook.

22. I sleep on my stomach, so it was especially difficult to sleep while I was preggers.

23. I want to join a bowling league and learn to knit/crochet. Like I don't have enough hobbies already.

24. Root beer is my beverage of choice.

25. I think I am ready to embrace the leggings fad. I might just have to bust out some leggings with a skirt or dress one of these days. It is very reminiscent of my 1980's school girl days.

I tag Erika, my mom, Mikell and April. (unless you have already done it - I can't remember).

1 comments:

Erika said...

I love that I know a little more about you. 4 continents huh? Ok, lets see North America, Asia, Australia and Europe? Or maybe NA (for sure!), Asia (for sure!), Africa and Australia? I know I have 50% correct :)

Alright, now I have to come up with some things just as cool as you! My life isn't too cool so this will be hard!

Way to go with the marathon! I wish I had your spunk and exercise habits. Lets work on that! Send some good exercise mojo my way :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio