Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tid-bits

1. Did you know that Cherrios have corn syrup in them? Disgusting I tell you. I was perusing the cereal aisle yesterday in an attempt to find the ubiquitous baby finger food: Cherrios. As I plucked the box from the shelf, I scanned the ingredient list on said Cherrios box, right there near the top of the list was corn syrup. Uggghh. Could I please find a snack for my babe that does not contain a bushel full of sugar.



2. I heart Boden. I just received their cute little catalog in the mail. The clothes are bright, colorful, and unique. Too bad it doesn't fit my budget. Did I mention that they have cute baby clothes too.



3. I started working this summer. As a bonafied attorney. The transition was rough, I'm not going to lie. Mylo was home all summer, so it wasn't so bad leaving Oliver. But it wasn't easy. I missed him like crazy. But Mylo and Oliver have gotten a lot closer, which is quite endearing to see. After working 30+ hours a week for the most of the summer I decided that I just couldn't do the full-time thing. Having Oliver in daycare with someone I don't know just didn't jive with me. Plus the waiting list at the "good" daycare in town is over a year long. So basically I should have put him on the list while I was still pregnant. Get real people. But I got lucky and am able to work part-time. So starting this week I will be working 3 days a week. Oliver will be going to Mylo's cousin Megan's house for daycare 2 days a week and will be spending 1 day a week with Grandma Wendy (Mylo's mom). We feel very fortunate to be able to have Oliver stay with family while we are away at work. Maybe now I can afford some of the above mentioned Boden duds.


4. The case of the missing peppers. I got a pepper plant at a plant exchange this spring. Peppers generally don't do too well here since they like heat, but I planted it in a pot on my sunny deck. The pepper plant became a pepper tree and had grown over a dozen beautiful little peppers. I went out to pick them this afternoon and low and behold, they were all gone. Not a single little pepper remained. It was the strangest thing. We also had some missing strawberries. We have lots of critters around here. Deer, squirrels, raccoons, birds, the occasional bunny. But there wasn't so much as a crumb of pepper left. Plus the rest of my garden was completely intact. Weird I tell you. Weird.


5. I am officially a runner again. After the pregnancy running hiatus, several painful months of getting back in shape, and then slacking off this summer once I started working, I am finally an official runner again. Only seven weeks left until my marathon and I have managed to get back on track for my training. It took a few weeks to figure out how to fit in my runs while working. Today was my long run. 18 miles long. I underestimated the distance of my route and ended up running closer to 20 miles. It was a little rough at the end, but I managed to finish it off. My route took me all over Bellingham. From the lake, to blackberry lined trails, to downtown, to the bay, to Fairhaven, and then back home. It just reinforced how much I love Bellingham. There is no where on earth I would rather live.

1 comments:

Erika said...

You have been one busy lady this summer! I am so glad that you are able to get back to work and having Ollie with family is an added bonus. And, I love that you are updating your blog more frequently. Where is your marathon? Good job with the running - keep it up!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio