Sunday, August 23, 2009

To the Brim...

That pretty much sums up our weekend.

Friday - Afternoon family run to the park. Girls night out to Olive Garden and Target for me. What can I say? I party hard. Movies at home for the fellas. A good time was had by all.

Saturday - Ollie and I went for a run with Sadie and Audrey in the morning, then he refused to nap. Not so fun. Then we hit up a Birthday BBQ for Miss Ruby. It was a fabulous first birthday party, complete with yummy food, great people, sunny weather, and a pinata. Did I mention the cupcakes? The most adorable owl cupcakes. Then Ollie got stung by a yellow jacket. I was holding him and he started crying a bit, but calmed down almost immediately. He was still acting really clingy and I looked down at his hand and his knuckle was really red and there was a stinger stuck in his hand. We took him inside and gave him a baking soda salve to help with the sting. It was a little stressful because I am allergic to bees. Throat closing, carry an epipen allergic. I was afraid he might have a bad reaction, but he was a trooper. His hand got quite swollen, so he definitely has a strong histamine reaction. He didn't seem to bothered by it, but we gave him some baby motrin to help with the swelling. That night, Uncle Juice brought over some freshly caught crab, which was delicious. Mylo, Uncle Juice, and Grandpa went out to a movie, while Ollie and I chilled at home. Oliver was still acting a little needy and cranky, so he ended up in bed with us and he finally cut his other top tooth.

Sunday - I got up at 5:20 a.m. and went on my long run for the week: 16 miles. It was a good run, but I didn't eat enough breakfast, so I felt like my stomach was eating itself. While I was running I saw Mylo's aunt, Alison who was starting her annual birthday run. This year it was 49 miles. How cool is that?!? After Oliver's morning nap we went to Hovander Park and Tenant Lake for a picnic lunch and walk. Oliver loved checking out all the farm animals, especially the pigs. It was a beautiful Autumn day, just a little crisp. We spent our afternoon napping and lounging. Mylo bought the new season of Dexter because he just couldn't wait to rent it at Blockbuster. They only had a couple of copies, which have all been checked out all week. We have already watched 3 episodes. It was a great weekend.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio