His favorite toys are his matchbox cars, blocks, balls, bead mazes, and tools. Yes, he is all boy. It is amazing how different boys and girls are. He likes to "drive" his cars on the walls and cupboards, which he is not supposed to do. He also throws things when he gets excited/frustrated. We try to redirect him by having him throw soft balls instead of cars and/or blocks.
Oliver also loves to play outside. He likes to play on his slide, stomp in puddles, and play in the dirt. He loves playing outside with Eli at daycare and they get mighty dirty rolling in the mud and what not.
Ollie is also starting to increase his vocabulary. In addition to signing, he says car, ball, out, up, mama, dad, bebe (pacifier or blankie), juice, go, no, hi, bye, dog, more, bath, bird and a few more. He is also starting to repeat things we say (dangerous territory, I know). He recently said Crock-pot and Giraffe after I said them, but now he won't repeat them when I ask him to. Figures.
Oliver really loves animals and is getting so good with animal sounds and associating them with animals. He does baa, moo, neigh, ruff-ruff, meow, and roar. He waves, blows kisses, does high fives, claps, play peek-a-boo, and does fake laughs (which is hilarious). Did I mention that he is a bundle of energy? He is so much fun and it is fascinating to watch him play and figure things out. What a fun (and exhausting) age!!


2 comments:
I love the shot with the books. Looks just like Jack's shelf/floor in his room all the time. Ugh. I'm tired of picking up books. But now he "helps" me pick them up. Ha ha!
And yes, you and me both definitely have boys.
I think he needs more books mom! I can't believe 16 months already!?! Where has the time gone? I love how independent they are getting.
Post a Comment