Sunday, February 28, 2010

Knitting

Learning to knit has been on my to-do list for a while, so I recently took a class at Apple Yarns. It was a beginning knitting class and our project was a hat. I was probably 30 years younger than the average student, most of whom happened to be recent retirees, but it was really fun and I now I am officially a knitter. The hat I made turned out pretty well. I made a few mistakes, but they aren't very noticeable (which is a good thing for a perfectionist like myself). It was supposed to be an adult sized hat, but apparently I am a tight knitter, so it ended up a tad bit small for my head (and I have a small head). All is well though, because it fits Ollie (with a bit of growing room). Here is the final masterpiece:



He seems to like it and actually keeps it on - bonus. Now I am moving on to bigger, better things, which coincidentally are infinitely more frustrating. I might need to take another class. There is much I still need to learn about knitting and I'm not very good at self-learning.

4 comments:

Sades said...

Nice work, you are a way better knitter than I am. My sisters always make me so envious when I see all the neat things they knit, but I too have a hard time teaching myself something like that.
I wanted to tell you I dreamed that you were pregnant with number 2 last night. Just figured I would check and see if I was right! Miss you guys, we will be moving to Ellensburg in June, so maybe we can get together sometime this summer.

celina said...

I saw those classes listed at Apple Yarns and totally wanted to take one. I want to take a sewing class too. Glad to hear you liked it. The hat looks awesome!

Garden Street Zoo said...

Sadie,

No I am not pregnant with number two - not yet. ;) I am thinking about it a lot lately though.

Erika said...

The hat is PERFECT! Great work!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio