Monday, February 20, 2012

10 months (and 1 week)


Henry is now 10 months old - we are rapidly approaching the one year mark. Yikes! In true second child fashion, we missed the 9 month post. It is tough to keep up with two little buggers and documenting them is nearly impossible.

Despite the sub-par documentation of Henry, we are absolutely loving this stage of babyness. He is crawling like crazy - who knew a quadraped could move so quickly. He loves to climb the stairs, but still doesn't understand the whole "getting down in one piece" business, so we have to watch him closely. We have trained Ollie to yell, "Henry is going for the stairs," whenever Henry gets close to them.

He is also standing up on everything and "cruising" like pro. I don't think he is in a huge hurry to walk since he is so mobile with both crawling and cruising. Mylo begs to differ and thinks he will walk in the next few weeks. We may or may not have a pending bet on the matter....

He is very curious and gets into everything. It is a little unnerving at times. He gets into drawers, Ollie's toys (aka "choking hazards"), plants and anything else he can get his hands on. He also likes to put everything in his mouth - yuck!

He is still very laid back and easy going. He has starting eating more solid food and still prefers finger foods to purees. I was really struggling to keep up with his milk demands via pumping for the days that I work, so after feeling guilty and stressing about it for a few weeks, I finally broke down and bought some baby formula to supplement with. He is getting about 4-6 ounces of formula a day. I am still pumping at least two times a day at work and most nights before I go to bed. It seems to be working well and he doesn't seem to mind the formula.

He is very smiley and laughs at almost everything Ollie does. Ollie loves to entertain him with his antics. He is also quite talkative - babbling all the time. He is doing a few signs - milk, sleep, all done (or his version of it, which consists of flailing his limbs at random). He loves to mimic things that we do and has started clapping, which is adorable.

He still loves to be in the ERGO and will still take naps in there if need be. He is also loving the backpack, where he can see everything. He is happy in the stroller and I am itching to use the bike trailer, but I am forcing myself to wait until he is closer to a year - per the trailer's instructions.

He is napping in the morning and afternoon - for about 1.5-2 hours for each nap, although we can cut the morning one shorter without too much fuss. He is pretty much sleeping through the night (just jinxed the crap out of that one!), usually only waking up once a night and sleeping until the six o'clock hour occasionally.

The older he gets, the less I longingly think about having another baby. I mean, he is super adorable, but I don't have much of a desire to go back to the little baby stage ever again. I think we are good with our two fellas. You hear that Henry? You get to be the baby, forever. Now let's just hope I didn't jinx that one!

1 comments:

Sades said...

I can't believe how big he is growing, and I just love those beautiful baby blue eyes!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio