Sunday, April 29, 2007

Just Wanna Run...


I have not run consistently for the last year and that is seriously depressing. I miss running. I miss feeling like I can just pick up and bust out 10 miles and it would feel good. Right now, running does not feel good, it feels like punishment. Each time I figure out where to find the time to have a running routine, something happens. I tweak my hammy at ultimate frisbee practice, get sick, have a big assignment due, bruise my knee. Speaking of my knee, I bruised my knee so badly that it has been severely swollen for a week now. It was so swollen that it didn't even look like me knee. Imagine my what my knee would look like if I gained about 50 pounds. That was what it looked like. Not a pretty picture! I have been icing it all week and the swelling has only recently started to go down. It is almost recognizable as my knee. Almost. I have signed myself up for a handful of races this summer in an effort to get myself in gear. GRRRR! I hate getting back in shape. But at least I will have Alisa to run with this summer. Only 2 weeks left baby! She is the only good running buddy I have had since high school. I miss running with you Heidi!! It all starts tomorrow after my Evidence final. I need to work off some of my stress! ~ B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm missing out on running too, but for a different reason. I can't run (at least not comfortably) for the next 6 months. It's killing me to see all those cute little runners out with their ipods. I want to run another marathon. I don't know if you do, but it would be fun to do one in Washington sometime next year.

Garden Street Zoo said...

I would love to a Marathon with you sometime. I really want to run Boston some day but that will take a serious amount of work. But I love a challenge...

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio