As per Heidi's request. This is me...I consider myself a work in progress. I define myself by my achievements. I really hate to fail. I will try most everything at least once, but I if don't think I can get better at it I will quit. Lame I know. I am extremely competitive in a lot of ways, but not competitive at all in others. Its kind of hard to explain: I don't play board games very often because I hate to lose, but I don't care what jeans everyone else is wearing. However, Mylo and I compete at everything. I do mean everything. But it is all in fun. Did I mention that he is the male version of me, only better looking. Creepy I know.
I am not a "go out" kinda girl. I have never been a partier. I am not overly social. I have a lot of casual friends, but only a handful of good friends. In big groups I observe until I find my niche. I am quiet at first and then quite chatty once you get to know me. I would actually like to know how many words I use a day. Curious? I am a home-body. I really like to cook, but only when I have time. I am teaching myself how to make artisan bread. It should be interesting.
I like to shop. A lot! Pretty much any kind of shopping really. I am not a deal hunter. I am not that patient. I just want to go in look around without being harassed by a sales person and find what I want and get out of there. I am too busy these days to make it to the mall very often, so I do a lot of online shopping. Online shopping can be really good and really bad. It is so exciting to get things in the mail and so disappointing when they come and don't fit. I really like to go shopping after finals. I am a believer in retail therapy. I am trying to cut back though and only buy things I need (really actually need, not just think I need) and the occasional I item that I really love!
I love, love, love SUSHI! I could eat it everyday. I am serious as a heart attack.
I consider myself a bit of a tomboy with just the right amount of girly tendencies mixed in. I am an athlete. I run (not as often as I would like) and play ultimate frisbee. I love to be outdoors, but I never want to work outdoors (been there done that, not so much fun). I can't wait to move back to Bellingham and work on my house, make it mine! I love to decorate. It is an ordeal with Mylo though - he is insanely picky. I love MAC make-up. I don't even wear a lot of make-up, but I love it. I hate doing my hair. I am hair challenged. I am not good at doing anything with it. I wish I could learn.
I am not a "go out" kinda girl. I have never been a partier. I am not overly social. I have a lot of casual friends, but only a handful of good friends. In big groups I observe until I find my niche. I am quiet at first and then quite chatty once you get to know me. I would actually like to know how many words I use a day. Curious? I am a home-body. I really like to cook, but only when I have time. I am teaching myself how to make artisan bread. It should be interesting.
I like to shop. A lot! Pretty much any kind of shopping really. I am not a deal hunter. I am not that patient. I just want to go in look around without being harassed by a sales person and find what I want and get out of there. I am too busy these days to make it to the mall very often, so I do a lot of online shopping. Online shopping can be really good and really bad. It is so exciting to get things in the mail and so disappointing when they come and don't fit. I really like to go shopping after finals. I am a believer in retail therapy. I am trying to cut back though and only buy things I need (really actually need, not just think I need) and the occasional I item that I really love!
I love, love, love SUSHI! I could eat it everyday. I am serious as a heart attack.
I consider myself a bit of a tomboy with just the right amount of girly tendencies mixed in. I am an athlete. I run (not as often as I would like) and play ultimate frisbee. I love to be outdoors, but I never want to work outdoors (been there done that, not so much fun). I can't wait to move back to Bellingham and work on my house, make it mine! I love to decorate. It is an ordeal with Mylo though - he is insanely picky. I love MAC make-up. I don't even wear a lot of make-up, but I love it. I hate doing my hair. I am hair challenged. I am not good at doing anything with it. I wish I could learn.
Then there is the whole law school thing. I don't really know why I went. I wanted a challenge. I can definitely check that one off my list. Anyone who knows me was not the least bit surprised to find out that I went to Law School. I am opinionated...but I think I have learned to listen to others' opinions. I do value and respect what other people believe. To each his own. I believe that each person is like a tree and you have to know where their roots are to understand why they are the person they are. I like to learn about where people come from. I like to learn about what they believe in. I am open-minded (most of the time). I am liberal in many ways and conservative in many others.
I am terrified of entering the professional legal world. I know myself well enough to know that I couldn't be a stay-home mom, but I really wants some munchkins ( I can only hope they will be at 1/2 as cute as Heidi's). I am not patient enough to stay home full-time. I have a short fuse. I am working on that! Fortunately, Mylo is extremely patient. Almost to an in-human degree. He loves kids and would love to stay home when they are small. Sounds like a plan to me! But I still worry about balancing everything - work, kids, home, Mylo.
I really want a dog. I want to name it Gunther! I think it is a great name. I thought for a long time that I hated little dogs, but it just seems much more convenient. Easier to take places etc. I want a Jack Russell terrier. They are very sweet but so stubborn, so it will be interesting. First I have to convince Mylo that it is a super great idea! Wish me luck.
I don't want to get old. I want to get wiser and gain more experience, but I don't want to go through physical aging process. I know that is vain, but it isn't so much about my looks. I just want to be able to do all the physical things I can do now. I am very active and I would have a hard time being happy if I couldn't be active. I am a miserable person when I am injured and can't do the things I want to do.
I am honest and up front. I honestly don't care what people think about me at all. The only people who's opinion's about me matter are the people I love. I love to travel, but I am a planner. I have a day planner that I religiously use. I make lists constantly. I like to have a game plan. I wish I could be more spontaneous, but it stresses me out. I hate to be late. I am almost always 5 minutes early. I am sarcastic. Some people don't like that too much. But I think it is funny. I have been told I am intimidating. But I have also been told I am very approachable. I don't know how to reconcile those two.
I love to travel. I have been to 4 continents so far. I want to go to all 7. I think you appreciate what you have and where you come from when you travel. You learn to appreciate the whole world and realize how connected you are to the whole world when you travel. I consider myself a bit of a hippy. I hate it when I can't recycle, I buy organic food, I drive a hybrid. I love Bellingham. The water, the mountains, the green trees. I don't even mind the rain. I have a goretex jacket. I am good to go. I can't wait to be back there for the summer. Yipee! Well that is me...well at least for now. My life is good. I am excited for my next adventure!!


1 comments:
Isn't it fun to express who you really are? It's kind of a little scary to me though because I don't want people to know my insecurities and weaknesses! Are you in B'ham yet? I'll talk to you soon!
Post a Comment