I must have a green thumb. I am kind of obsessed with fixing up my yard while I am home for the summer. I can stroll through the nursery looking at all the plants for hours. I just love picking out plants and thinking of where to put them.
Maybe it is a product of not being able to sit still or just sit and relax. But since school has ended I have been trying to keep myself busy and have taken up yard improvement projects. The list of home improvement or as I like to call it home betterment projects is reaching an astronomical length. Poor Mylo...he is done with school in 3 weeks and looking forward to his summer off but I have a huge list of things for him to do around the house.
Speaking of Mylo, this weekend he came up to Bellingham to hang out. We had a really good time. This weekend was the Ski to Sea race in Bellingham and there are tons of festivities to partake of around town. It is always a good time and kind of a tradition for us to go and walk around Old Fairhaven where the race ends and where there are tons of vendors selling yummy treats. The Ski to Sea is a 7 leg race (8 people) that starts on Mount Baker and ends at Bellingham Bay in Fairhaven. It starts with a xc skier, then a downhill skier, then a runner, then a road biker, then 2 canoers, then a mountain biker, and finally ends with a sea kayaker. My brother, Matt and I were on a team together a few years ago and it was a blast!
Anywho, after Mylo left today (sad!!) I starting working on expanding one of my flower beds and doing some much needed weeding. I hate weeding and I spent 2 hours weeding today! Yuck! Here are the post-op results......


5 comments:
Your yard is looking great! I agree looking through the nursery at all the plants and flowers is great. All I need now is a yard to put my ideas into.
You are good at gardening. I need some tips. I kind of just pick flowers that I like and don't really think about how they will look together or where to plant them. I end up having really short flowers in the back, and the really tall ones in the front. What a nerd. I'm finally home after a 3 week on and off stint at the in-laws. Let's chat....
Thanks for the comment on my blog...I just noticed it was there a couple days ago! We are excited about the baby! Heidi always tells me about you! Your yard is looking good!! Keep up the hard with that and school...Wow...I could never do law school. You are your husband are as cute as Heidi says!
Opps, I meant keep up the hard WORK...
Wish you could edit comments after the fact!
i love the yard!!! it looks fantastic.
Post a Comment