So Mylo tore out part of our deck (at my insistence of course) and I decided to plant a vegetable garden in its place. Our deck is so ridiculously large we have decided that when we redo it next year, we will make it much more streamlined. I had so much fun picking out plants and seeds and getting everything planted. I really enjoy gardening and I can't wait until my veggies start growing. My favorite part of summer is eating fresh veggies and fruit. MMMM GOOD! So I leveled the garden, turned over all the soil, added a whole bunch of compost, picked out the many rocks, and planted my vegetable starts and seeds. I have snap peas, beans, sunflowers, 5 varieties of tomatoes, bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, cucumbers, radishes, carrots, and lettuce. It is going to be a vegetable bonanza! So here are the pictures of newly planted soon to be cornucopia...
Here is the before shot of the not so fertile looking patch of incredibly clay laden dirt.
Here is the after shot of the very fertile bounty of soil harboring my future veggies.


1 comments:
Nice job! I will get a veggie garden up next year. I have to take all my projects in stride because there are so many of them!
Post a Comment