We are finally getting down to business on our house projects, which seem to have been lying in wait since Ollie was born - over a year and half ago. The sad part is that the real motivation for finally getting things done, is the possibility of listing our house if and when we find a new house to buy. On the to-do list this weekend was our guest bathroom and our last veggie garden bed. The weather was miserable, so the garden bed didn't get done. Oh well, next weekend. The bathroom, well, Mylo pretty much dominated it. He painted the ceiling {which the previous owners, in all their infinite wisdom, decided to paint a lovely shade of blue-green}, walls, trim, and vanity. We made two trips to various home improvements stores for various supplies. Mylo tore off the hideous counter top and replaced it with a granite one with built in under-mount sink. He also installed the new faucet. Now we just need to install the new knobs on the vanity and the new mirror - then it will be ALL DONE. I will post pictures later this week.
Have I mentioned that Oliver has become a real life toddler lately? Well, much to my dismay, my little guy is growing up and growing very independent. With his new found independence comes frustration, outbursts, and tantrums. Ah, the tantrums. Quite honestly, I really wasn't expecting break downs and tantrums of this nature at this age. The kid is only 19 months old. Apparently he is a pretty headstrong little guy {I think he got that from both sides - yikes}. He wants to do everything himself, even if he isn't capable of doing it. He is very particular about his food - don't even think about cutting up his breakfast cookie or banana. Heaven forbid. It can be very, very frustrating. Its not all bad though - it is amazing to watch the wheels turning in his head. His language is exploding - I think he is up to 50 + words now. He mimics everything we say and do. He treats playtime like it is his full-time job - go, go, go. He has a hilarious sense of humor. I just love the little guy to pieces - tantrums and all.





Memorial weekend in Bellingham = the Ski to Sea race and associated festivities. Neither of us was participating in the race this year. I turned down four teams and I was glad I did. As I mentioned, the weather this weekend was miserable - which is pretty typical for Memorial weekend around these parts. We skipped the Ski to Sea parade, but Mylo went out to check out Uncle Juice {Jesse} in the canoe leg of the race on Sunday. He was on the Running Shoes.com team, which is a very competitive Whatcom County team. We braved the sprinkles to go to Fairhaven to check out the finish line festivities for a bit. While we were in Fairhaven we picked up a new toy bus to replace Ollie's old bus, which he completely busted. His new bus is pretty much rad. So all in all, it was a good productive weekend with a little fun mixed in - even with a real life toddler in tow.

1 comments:
Ollie is just getting cuter and cuter :) Love the smirks
Post a Comment