Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Zoo Fun

Today was my last Wednesday off until September (I usually have Mondays and Wednesdays off), since I will be working four days a week for July and August. In honor of my last Wednesday off, we decided to take Ollie to the Woodland Park Zoo. Last time we went he was only about 10 months old and it hot as Hades. Needless to say, Ollie enjoyed this visit much more.

We got to see lots of animals and Oliver enjoyed pointing them out and {repeatedly} naming them. Our favorite was the arctic fox, which Oliver had a little bit of a hard time pronouncing. I will just let you imagine what word, "fox" sounded strikingly similar to.

Checking out the tigers with Dad.

Watching the brown bears, who were pacing back in forth. The bears were Ollie's most favorite animal. He even picked out a little plastic bear in the gift shop.


Playing on the komodo dragon.

2 comments:

Liliana said...

Looks like a good time! Animals are a hit now for sure!

Celina said...

Ha! Oh, I know EXACTLY what "fox" sounds like because Ruby says it all the time. We had to teach her "froggy" instead of "frog" for the same reason.
Looks like you had fun at the zoo!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio