Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chickens

Here are the newest additions to our family, our chicks.

We decided that we wanted to raise chickens for fresh eggs, so we collaborated with Mylo's uncle and placed an order together for a variety of egg-laying chickens. The chicks arrived via U.S. Mail (I had to go pick them up from the post office) and are currently residing our garage until they get their grown-up feathers, at which point they will move outside to their poultry palace, aka an outdoor chicken coop and yard. They are so cute and fluffy. We have had a lot of fun watching their antics and we can't wait until this spring when they start laying.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Do you realize that your baby counter is in the single digits now? Just a few more days to go :)

April said...

I don't know why it seems so funny to me that they mail animals and that you had to go to the post office and pick them up like you would a letter. I think that's really cool that you are going to have your own chickens.
I love your family tradition of pressing apples...it looks like so much fun!
Also, way to go on freezing so much food! I never got more than a couple of items prepared beforehand. Come to think of it I really should do it now anyway because there are lots of days that I'm too busy or tired to come up with dinner.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio