Friday, October 31, 2008

Rolling Solo

Today was the first day that Oliver and I were home alone, just the two of us. No Mylo (he was at work). No parents. No support staff. Just me and the kid. I was a little nervous to be all by my lonesome all day long, but everything went pretty smoothly. Well, as smooth as can be expected with a one week old babe. Here are a few highlights from my first day of solo parenting...


  1. Not taking a shower or brushing my teeth until Mylo got home at 5:00 pm. This wouldn't be so disgusting if I wasn't nursing Oliver. I was covered in breast milk, spit up, baby pee and probably some other infant bodily fluids that need not be mentioned. Needless to say, the shower felt heavenly.

  2. Going to the bathroom while holding an infant. I really had to go and Oliver was kind of fussy and did not want to be put down. Good thing I am not a timid tinkler. Don't worry I washed my hands thoroughly.

  3. Experiencing extreme arm fatigue from holding a nearly 9 pound babe that really, really likes to be cradled and cuddled. My forearms and biceps are so achy. Is it possible to get carpal tunnel from continuous and repetitive babe holding. I am going to have some seriously toned arms. Just one of the hazards of motherhood I suppose.

Well here are a few more pictures from the last few days. Let's just say we are getting our money's worth from Mylo's digital SLR.





Just after our very first outing. We went to the grocery store to stock up on Halloween candy and because I was going a little stir crazy having been in the house for the last week. Oliver did a great job in his car seat and was only a little fussy at first.


Look ma, no hands! The first run in the Peanut Shell carrier. He seemed to like and was out like a light after a few minutes. The added bonus: I can actually use my hands.

Napping in the carseat.

Rocking the Gonzaga beanie (Go Zags!) and the Product Red onsie I bought before he was even concieved. This is going to be one stylish little kiddo.

Cute little baby socks. Who can resist something so adorable?

2 comments:

Erika said...

Ok, seriously, did you even have a baby? You look fantastic! And, I love the outfits. He is really going to be the best dressed babe around.
BTW, any trick or treaters come to your house? Or are you stuck with all the candy?

April said...

How is the first week alone going? I'm sure you must be exhusted, I'm tired just thinking about a newborn.
I do enjoy my strong arms though, one of the(many) perks of being a mom.
I like your carrier, I have a nursing cover in the same fabic.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio