Wednesday, January 5, 2011

26 Weeks

See that little pregnancy ticker over there on the right...under 100 days to go until this baby arrives. Which means, only two more weeks until I am in the third trimester. Craziness. I may have all the gear, but in no way do I feel prepared to have two children - especially not a newborn and a high energy toddler. It is all a little overwhelming.

So here is the belly in all its glory...although it doesn't feel all that glorious.


I have already gained a little over 20 pounds (I gained 35 lbs. total with Ollie), so I am pretty sure I will be gaining more with this pregnancy than I did last time since I still have 14 weeks left. I can understand the belly, hip, and even upper thigh weight gain, but unfortunately, those are not the only places I have gained weight. I feel that big, awkward, heaviness already, so I am afraid that this last trimester is going to be a bit of a doozie.

I feel like I am always complaining about being pregnant. Sorry if you think I am a whiner. I admit that I really do not enjoy being pregnant. I don't feel glowy or sexy. Don't get me wrong, the torture is completely worth it and I am glad that I have the opportunity to do it, but it is not enjoyable - except the baby kicks, those are pretty awesome.

My list of physical complaints is growing: my hips hurt; sleeping is uncomfortable; I have pelvic swelling (so not sexy - I had this last time too); I have to pee constantly; my breasts are huge (for me anyway); I feel completely and utterly out of shape; and I am always, always, always tired. I feel like such a wimp. I have done a lot of physically difficult things in my life - I have run marathons and a 50k trail run, played in a multitude of ultimate frisbee tournaments, traveled to several "third world" countries, sailed from Portugal to the Mediterranean. But for some reason, pregnancy feels so much worse to me. On the upside, I only have 14 weeks left and I will most likely never being doing this again. So I should just enjoy it right? Fat chance, but maybe I will try to stop complaining (as much).

2 comments:

Sades said...

You look fantastic, and are definitely justified for whining during pregnancy! I have to agree with you on the not liking pregnancy, and I think you have had a lot worse symptoms than I ever did.

We are planning a trip up to Bham this spring, and maybe sooner. I'll let you know when we know for sure, and maybe we can get the kiddos together for a play date.

celina said...

Okay, I'm not glad that you hate being pregnant, but I'm SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! Every item on your list of complaints I read and said, "Yes, yes, yes…" Sharing your body for 9 MONTHS is brutal. And I think you're doing a bang-up job.

By the way, you are a blogging machine these days! I love the frequent updates :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio