
At the beginning of the summer I recruited Mylo to run the Bellingham Bay 1/2 Marathon with me, which is in September. I figured it was the best way for me to get back in shape relatively quickly and have a built in training buddy. Mylo was game, so we signed up and went for it. We have never really ran much together. Running has been mostly my thing. But, it was fun. We ran together with the kiddos 3-4 days a week. Both the boys were great in the stroller and we did up to 10 miles with them.
After completing our 10 week training plan, we ran the 1/2 marathon last weekend. The forecast was looking horrendous, with rain and lots of wind, but it ended up just being windy. My mom came up to watch the kiddos while we ran and she walked down to the finish line with them to meet us. Mylo's dad, stepmom, and mom all showed up to show their support too.
We had a good time until the very end, when we were running head on into 40 mph wind. We ended up finishing in 2 hours, 5 minutes, which is a bit slower than I have ran a 1/2 marathon in the past, but it wasn't too shabby. Now Mylo is hooked on running and we are planning a few races this Fall. Next up is the Race for Education 5k next weekend, which we are running with the kiddos in the jogging stroller. Mylo may even train with me for the Chuckanut 50k in March.







2 comments:
I've been feeling inspired to run more, further, longer these days. I want a finisher's medal and bragging rights! But if you almost lost your lunch doing the half then I am just imagining myself collapsed in a puddle of my own sweat and tears in the middle of the route, if I ever actually got my butt in gear to follow through on this hare brained idea. And 50K? Is that even humanly possible? You are a machine, woman!
That's an awesome time, I'm impressed you were able to fit in so much training with two little ones and working. I wish I could get Nate to run over 3 miles with me. Good luck on the 50K training, I am thinking of competing in it as well.
Post a Comment